Flamin’ Hot® Nacho Eggs Benny
A classic brunch dish, Eggs Benedict, gets a spicy revamp with Doritos® Flamin’ Hot® Nacho Flavoured Tortilla Chips.
- 4 cups DORITOS® FLAMIN’ HOT® Nacho Flavoured Tortilla Chips, divided
- 4 cured chorizo sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 8 Monterey Jack cheese slices
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
- 8 eggs, poached
How to make it
- In food processor, pulse 1 cup DORITOS® FLAMIN’ HOT® Nacho flavoured tortilla chips until finely ground.
- Cut sausages in half crosswise, then slice in half lengthwise. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook sausages for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown all over. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in small saucepan set over medium-high heat until melted and bubbling. In blender, purée egg yolks and lime juice until smooth. With motor running, gradually pour in bubbling butter. Season with ground tortilla chips (if sauce is too thick, add a bit of water for desired consistency). Keep warm.
- Top each English muffin half with chorizo, cheese slice, avocado, and poached egg. Drizzle nacho hollandaise sauce over top. Lightly crush remaining tortilla chips; sprinkle over top.
Tip: To poach eggs, fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches up side of pan; stir in 2 tbsp white vinegar and bring to simmer over medium heat. Vigorously stir water to create vortex. Break each egg (cold) into small dish or saucer. Holding dish just above simmering water, slip each egg into water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook eggs, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired. Remove eggs with slotted spoon; place on paper towel–lined plate to drain.