FLAMIN' HOT® Spicy Fried Chicken Burgers
This loaded fried chicken burger delivers a tasty FLAMIN' HOT® heat that can’t be beat.
- 8 cups CHEETOS® Puffs FLAMIN’ HOT® Cheese Flavoured Snacks, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 brioche buns, split
- Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 16 pickle slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 sliced red onion rounds
How to make it
- In food processor, pulse 6 cups CHEETOS® Puffs FLAMIN' HOT® cheese flavoured snacks until finely ground.
- Working with one at a time, place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound evenly with meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness; set aside.
- Stir together buttermilk and 1/2 cup ground Puffs. Marinate chicken in buttermilk mixture in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- In shallow dish, stir together remaining ground Puffs and flour until well blended.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Working with one piece at a time, dredge chicken in ground Puffs mixture. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking tray; let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until coating is slightly dry.
- Pour enough oil into large high-sided skillet to come 2 inches up side; heat over medium heat until instant-read thermometer reads 350°F. Fry chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to paper towel–lined tray.
- Meanwhile, whisk together coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Assemble burgers in buns with coleslaw, remaining Puffs, pickles, tomatoes and red onion rounds.
Tip: For an all-dressed burger, add crispy bacon and a slice of aged Cheddar cheese.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get My Coupon
*Get a CHEETOS® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last