FLAMIN' HOT® Scalloped Potatoes
This FLAMIN' HOT® twist on classic scalloped potatoes is cheesy, creamy and best of all, spicy!
- 3 cups CHEETOS CRUNCHY® FLAMIN' HOT® Cheese Flavoured Snacks, divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups 35% heavy cream
- 3 lb potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pulse CHEETOS CRUNCHY® FLAMIN' HOT® Cheese Flavoured Snacks in food processor until lightly crushed. Toss together 3/4 cup crushed CHEETOS® with breadcrumbs. Melt 2 tbsp of the butter; toss with crumb mixture. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, thyme, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Layer one-third of the potato slices, overlapping slightly, in greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Scatter half each of the onion mixture, flour, Cheddar, remaining crushed CHEETOS® and Parmesan evenly over top. Pour half of the cream over top. Repeat layers once.
- Layer remaining potatoes over top. Sprinkle with reserved CHEETOS® and bread crumb mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender-crisp. Remove foil. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until top is golden brown, juices are thickened and bubbly, and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- • Sprinkle with finely chopped fresh chives before serving if desired.
- • For thin, uniform potato slices, use a mandolin instead of a knife.