Oat and Bean Veggie Burgers
These oat and bean veggie burgers make the perfect lunch for vegetarians or anyone who enjoys a hearty, flavourful burger. Combine northern beans with oats, vegetables and a variety of spices to create these delectable burgers. CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavoured Snacks add a crunchy texture to the burgers with a cheesy kick that keeps you coming back for more. Serve these tasty burgers for a fun family dinner, or grill them up at your next backyard picnic. Serve them with a variety of toppings and condiments so your guests can customize their burgers.
- 1/2 cup CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavoured Snacks, crushed
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 425g can northern beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1 127g can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
How to make it
- Add oats to large skillet over medium heat; toast for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove oats from heat; add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon canola oil to same skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes; remove from heat, and add to mixing bowl with oats.
- Add CHEETOS®, beans, chilies, yogurt, lemon juice and pepper to mixing bowl; mix together.
- Form six 3-inch burgers using your hands.
- Add 2 teaspoons canola oil to skillet over medium heat; cook burgers for 4 minutes.
- Flip burgers; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove burgers from skillet; serve on bun.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get My Coupon
*Get a CHEETOS® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last